Same Day Repairs
Why wait hours or days to complete a repair? With Bondo® Wood Filler, you can complete professional looking repairs in less than 30 minutes. The secret to a fast, permanent repair is in the 2-part technology. By mixing the filler with the cream hardener, provided with the filler, you can sand the wood filler in 15 minutes and stain or paint it in 25 minutes.
Strength to Restore and Rebuild
Bondo® Wood Filler can handle any wood repair ranging from the smallest to the largest of projects. Whether filling in minor furniture damage or rebuilding a missing piece of wood, the solution is Bondo® Wood Filler. When the filler and hardener are mixed, a reaction occurs which allows the filler to chemically bond to the surface you are repairing. This technological advantage of a 2-part wood filler also allows the product to cure quickly and adhere permanently to the repaired surface. For more advanced repairs, Bondo® Wood Filler can be applied in layers to rebuild rotted or missing pieces of wood. Unlike slower drying water or solvent based wood fillers that cure by evaporation, Bondo® Wood Filler chemically cross links to cure for a faster, more durable repair. As a result, Bondo® Wood Filler is water resistant and will not shrink. Not only can you save money, but you can make professional, great looking repairs.
Designed for interior and exterior wood repair, Bondo® Wood Filler has your home repairs covered.
Common applications or damaged areas include:
- Window sills
- Exterior wood trim such as door frames and jambs, soffits and fascia
- Fences and posts
- Garage doors
- Wood floors and stairs
- Exterior wood columns, doors and flower boxes Interior doors, baseboards and more
Bondo Home Solutions Wood Filler rebuilds, restores and replaces rotted or damaged sections of wood on doors, windows, fences, furniture, shutters and more. This wood filler is the best choice for repairing any wooden item in or around your home. Once dried, it can be sanded, shaped, planed, drilled, routed or sawed just like wood. This durable product is formulated to accept stain and paint more naturally than most wood filler products. For rotted wood problems, use Bondo Home Solutions Rotted Wood Stabilizer before applying the wood filler.
High quality, long lasting wood repairs
For high-quality, long-lasting repairs, choose Bondo Wood Filler. Medium brown in color when mixed, Bondo Wood Filler is stainable and paintable, making it perfect for almost any wood surface inside or outside of the home. Because it is a 2-part wood filler, Bondo Wood Filler will not shrink and cures fast. The filler can be easily sanded by hand or power tool in only 15 minutes and stained or painted in only 25 minutes, meaning your repair is complete the same day you started. Not only can you fill in small damage, but the strength of this 2-part wood filler allows you to rebuild rotted or missing pieces of wood and make repairs that last.
Directions for Use
1. Clean surface with warm, soapy water or a surface cleaner to remove dirt, wax, oil and grease. Allow to dry.
2. Sand the surface with 3M™ Sandpaper 80 grit to remove all primer, paint, loose rotted wood or rust extending one to two inches beyond the damaged area. Remove all dust created from sanding. Re-clean the surface following Step #1.
Optional: If repairing rotted wood, first use the Bondo® Rotted Wood Restoration to re-harden the wood and create a hard base before filling.
3. Remove a 3-inch diameter circle, 1/2 inch thick of the Bondo® Wood Filler and place on a clean non-porous mixing surface. Knead the Bondo® Red Cream Hardener tube thoroughly to ensure contents are well mixed. Squeeze a 3-inch strip/bead of red cream hardener across the filler that you removed from the can. Note that the total working time after you have mixed the filler and hardener will be 3-5 minutes at 75°F (24° C). Mix only small amounts that can be used within the total working time.
4. Thoroughly mix for approximately 2 minutes to uniform light red color using the Bondo® Spreader. Mix the filler and hardener, keeping the contents thinly spread out will keep the filler from curing as quickly and give you a longer working time
5. Spread initial thin layer of mixed filler over repair area using firm pressure to ensure maximum adhesion. Apply additional layers until desired thickness is reached. Allow 10 minutes for the filler to dry (20-30 minutes if the room temperature is cooler than 77 degrees F/25 degrees C)
6. Using 3M™ Sandpaper 80 grit, sand and shape the filled area to the contour of the surface. Feather the edge of the area with 3M™ Sandpaper 180 grit until the surface is smooth. If dust builds up or clogs the sandpaper, remove by brushing with wire brush.
7. Prime, paint, or apply wood stain to the area per the manufacture’s recommendation. Note: If staining, test an area is recommended as the Bondo® Wood Filler absorbs the stain differently than wood.
8. Clean tools with acetone or lacquer thinner.
|3M Part Number||20082|
|Case Quantity||3 per case|
|Case Inner Pack||1 quart|